Identifier ‘tag’ does not exist in ‘message’

I ran into some pretty strange behavior` today in BizTalk. I use different projects in my solution for things like schemas, mappings, orchestrations, etc., the BizTalk Software Factory way so to say. For this blogpost I created a new project, which can be downloaded here.

The problem arose, when I wanted to use a distinguished field in my orchestration. I went ahead and created a new schema, created the distinguished field, built my schemas project, and finally added the assembly to the GAC (my development machine is also my test machine at this customer, so there is no way around having the assemblies in the GAC at some point).schema Continue reading